This position is responsible for providing educational and behavioral crisis support for students at Little Citys ChildBridge Center for Education. The position will float between classroom settings assisting classroom teachers with implementing student educational goals. Additionally, when there are student behavioral crises, this position will be the first to respond to assist in deescalating crises and in certain cases assisting with physical crisis management. This position will report directly to the School Principal and be allocated to where the need is greatest day-by-day. Upon hire the position will become a certified trainer in crisis management systems including physical crisis management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The list of essential duties and responsibilities, as outlined herein, is intended to be representative of the task to be performed. The omission of an essential function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein is such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
1. Provides instructional support to assigned students to implement educational programs as determined by the teacher/resource team/administrator.
Constructs/ modifies/adapts instructional materials/games/displays/learning centers
Works with students to operate computer and supportive technology
Supervises the students completion of educational activities as outlined in the IEP, observes and records data
Maintains records and files relevant to assignment- anecdotal notes, written observations, accurate education folders
2. First responder to student behavioral crises and implements trained crisis management models consistent with training.
3. Assists with onboarding and training of newly hired Paraprofessionals including training on crisis management interventions.
4. Provides classroom support in collaboration with Special Education Teacher and 1:1 support to students when necessary.
5. Implements of behavior analytic programming by as developed with behavior analysts to ensure the fidelity of interventions.
6. Helps coordinate interactions with emergency personnel when necessary.
7. Completes all required documentation in a timely manner.
8. Maintain open and collaborative relationships with all interdisciplinary team members, including but not limited to, Teachers, Case Managers, Speech & Language Pathologists, Behavior Analysts, Occupational Therapists, Nursing staff, and other team members.
9. Coordinates and trains Paraprofessionals in the ChildBridge Center for Education on crisis management interventions.
10. Successfully completes medication administration training and administers medications to students and correctly documents on the Medication Administration Record (MAR).
11. Transport students using agency vehicles, as needed.
12. Ensures all safety plans and emergency procedures are accurately implemented.
13. Participates in trainings on ABA and related behavioral concepts during scheduled professional development days as requested.
14. Maintains American Heart Association certification in First Aid and CPR.
15. Successfully completes Little City Foundation required training, re-training, and any additional training as required by Little City Foundation policies and practices, or as assigned by his or her immediate supervisor.
16. Other duties as assigned.