The Mountain Adventures Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, tracking, maintaining, and repairing all equipment used in Utah Olympic Park Mountain Adventures Activities. This position above all else is tasked with ensuring a safe and enjoyable experience for our staff and guests at all times.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversight of Maintenance and Repair of all UOP Mountain Adventures activities
- Regularly log, inspect, and maintain all equipment involved in UOP Mountain Adventures activities.
- Track all equipment used in UOP public activities to ensure the highest safety and longest life. Build new elements as needed
- Identify trends in Mountain Adventures maintenance that require changes in operations and implement those changes.
- Review daily log sheets to insure activities are being adequately inspected each day.
- Maintain adequate supplies, tools and equipment for efficient and safe operations of the Mountain Adventures activities.
- Manage and maintain an inventory of tools, equipment and supplies used in the course of performing daily duties.
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and yearly inspections on all required equipment and maintain accurate logs of all inspections performed.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry (ACCT and SAE) and evolving standards and ensure UOP meets or exceeds them.
- Participate in and lead staff training as required for new equipment and or updated procedures and develop operator training for maintenance components where applicable.
- Ensure a culture of safety with the operators of the activities.
- Assist in the selection, procurement, and implementation of all equipment used in public activities.
- Assist in the creation, updating, and implementation of staff training guides, SOPs, and operating manuals as it relates to safety and maintenance of activities.
- Continually evaluate, refine, and update Mountain Adventures inspections logs, preventative maintenance
- schedules, SOPs, and training materials to ensure equipment and activities are safe and being maintained properly
- Maintain thorough written records of existing equipment, preventative maintenance and replacement schedules, daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly logs, and any other items related to the operation of the activities.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of operational risk management.
Budget Development and Control
- Responsible for the development and implementation of departmental maintenance and repair budget.
- Assist in the creation of long-term capital planning as it relates to components exceeding $5,000 of the public activities.
- Provide reports as requested.
- Assist in any other areas as assigned.
- Participate in International and National level events Organizing Committees as needed.
- Assist other departments in achieving the broader goals of the Foundation.
Required Knowledge and Essential Skills
- Minimum of five years of experience in maintenance and repair.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot and repair both mechanical devices and both unique cable based and climbing related activities.
- Must be comfortable working at heights in a harness.
- ACCT certifications preferred, but not required
- Ability to perform strenuous activities often at significant heights, including lifting and building, outdoors in extreme temperatures.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Proven ability to thoroughly administer tracking and documentation.
- Safety conscious person, ensuring safety of public and staff.
- Ability to work with all user groups in a friendly and accommodating manner.
- A valid Drivers License
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Flexible work schedule must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Environmental Job Requirements
- Ability to work outdoors in all temperature/weather extremes
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing to converse with others in a normal conversation
- Balancing, bending, climbing, kneeling, walking, pushing, reaching above shoulders, and sitting
Required In-House Training
- UAF Orientation
- Sexual Harassment
- Drug & Alcohol
- Hazardous Communications Program
- Fire extinguisher use
- Lock out / Tag out
- Lift Operations
- Proper shoveling / Hill Chop
- Working safely on steep slopes
- Vehicle / ATV operations
- Hill packing / safe skiing
- In run winch operation
- Track sweeping
- Crampon use
- Chemical use
This job description is not an employment agreement or contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter the scope of work within the framework of the job description at any time without prior notice.